Posts filed under ‘Weekly Goals’
Here are the goals from last week. I have discovered that I need to write these on an actual piece of paper in addition to posting them here. I get so bogged down in the normal day-to-day that I forget what I wanted to focus on! I am basically using the same list for my goals this week, with the exception of getting the tomato plants tied up. That is one thing I did do. Oh, and it rained again so it was a good thing I didn’t put the snail bait down. It would have just been washed away. See, I can be frugal without even thinking about it!
Goal #27 – Sell used CD’s – I’m actually expecting this to run for a few weeks. I want to at least get started on it.
Goal #52 – Get printed pictures in an album
Goal #61 – come up with a weekly outline of what needs to be done when.
Goal #85 – Paint toes
Misc – Knit for an hour each evening, put down snail bait.
I’m now off to write these down. I’m also going to work on the pictures tonight for at least 15 minutes before I get out my knitting. Wish me luck!
Do you have any goals that you are trying to meet this week? Please share in the comments!
This week’s goals seem like a lot, but I think most will be doable. Since it’s my first week I will be able to figure out if I am biting off more than I can chew. There are a few that need to be broken down into even further but I will figure that out as I go along.
- Go through the boys clothes – get the old/too small out and figure out what, if anything they need for summer. Need to do this now so that if we do need more I can put it on their birthday gift idea list
- Plan Little E’s birthday – I believe we will keep this low key, maybe just the 4 of us at Chuck E Cheese’s. (Can that be considered low key? :))
- Plan Big I’s birthday – Need to plan his friend party
- Plan the family party for the boys
- Paint my toenails
- Tackle 3 items on my spring cleaning list
- Get the pictures that I have printed into photo albums
- Spend 30 minutes outside (at least!) weeding – This might be a bit hard as it’s supposed to rain Tuesday through Thursday. I’m hoping it’s just a light rain and I will be able to go out sporadically.
- Figure out greeting cards needed for May
- Plant the veggies that I bought over the weekend
Do you ever get to the end of a week and look back and wonder what you accomplished? You had so many plans on Monday and by Friday it seems that you barely got through on the week, let alone anything extra.
This happens to me all the time. I often sit at the end of the month and look back, wondering where all the time went, and what I did with it. I feel like I am at exactly the same place, but a whole month has gone by.
Enter my 101 Goals list. I started this list in hopes of feeling more accomplished and actually completing some of the things I often dream about getting done. It’s been over a month since I started the list, and although a few of the easier tasks that could be done in a day have been crossed off, I have not made any headway on any of the items that are more project oriented.
Having the 101 Goals is great, but without a plan, the 1001 days will go by and I won’t accomplish any of the goals. I have decided to start setting weekly goals as well, that are based on my 101 Goals. Each week I will pick one or two of the goals from my master list, break them down into smaller parts, and work on those parts. In addition to that, I will also have one or two goals that come up weekly that are outside of my master list.
If all goes according to plan I should start to spend more time on the things that I have decided are important, rather than on putting out “fires” that call my attention, but are not really important to me.
How do you keep yourself in line with your goals?